Tuesday 12 April 2011

Practice walk Hastings to Brighton 8th April


The next 4 blogs are all part of the same blog but I want to be clear on how the weekend went.

Friday - planned D day to go walking with a friend who calls off ot 2pm with horrible cold/flu thingy and had kept thinking she was getting better but not!

I spent the next 2 hours growling, feeling sorry for myself and thinking how gutted I was and to make it worse the family had rearranged their plans for me to be able to go away! So I then decided that I would look at whether I could get accommodation cheaply as I only had a 3/4man tent if I were to go - Anyway by 7pm the B&B was booked and off I went. Planning what to pack was a little hit and miss - things had already been stuffed together over the week as I had believed I was going but joint stuff was still to be grabbed as this one was going to be solo!

I still didnt have a walking tent and I didnt have a light of any format so this was going to be a learning curve. It took everything to remember to get the directions to Eastbourne. As it was I had to go back to the house twice as I forgot my camera and my phone charger all lifes little essentials!

I booked in and fell asleep in very quick succession and dreamt adventureous thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment