Sunday 13 March 2011

Post card 1 Dulverton 10/03/11 My first visit to a camping barn- Norhtcombe - fantastic and beautiful


every little journey in preparation to the great start date will have a postcard:


Right I am off to Tiverton for an interview and so I leave my home in Kent at 5pm. Interview clothes, camera, bank card, boots - oh and heels for the interview all bunged into the back of my car. Who needs to plan for an interview?!!

All goes well until the M25 and I see the A3 and NO M3 so I think "I must have to take the A3 to get onto the M£ after all that is how it works on the A2 to M2!!" Nope I end up heading for Portsmouth and no space to stop and read the road atlas! So I end up going across country heading for ANYWHERE near the M3 - Woo hooo Ive found it - Now I need to find the A303 - yeah right that means going north (which is the opposite direction but eventually I get back on track and head for Andover - Oops watch out for the road works with no signs that I understand!

Finally I almost reach Honiton now I just need to get to Tiverton and it is only a couple of miles to Dulverton - check it on the map it is only THIS l---------------l far! A couple of miles out of Tiverton - err wrong it is 15 miles and then I have to find a farm track - HELLLOOOO there are loads of them!

I finally get to the camping barn and there is a farm house right next to it in darkness - now do I knock on the door? Wait for them to come out? break in? or head for a 24 access at Exeter - 10 mins of dithering and I decide that Exeter might be the best choice - dispite the fact it is now midnight! So I start the engine and get just round the building as a bloody great landrover appears - am I gratefull or what? Out jumps Paddy who says 'Oh have you just arrived?' So I explain that I am new to Camping barns and therefore dont understand the etiquette to which he replies 'open the door! light switch is on your right!' DOH this is what happens when you are new to this game!

Anyway the camping barn is amazing but cold I fall in love with the place but most of all I love falling asleep - tomorrow is another day!!

An interview and an amazing view from the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment