Thursday 17 March 2011

SWCP book arrived

the South West Coast Path Association Book has arrived and I am so excited it looks even more brilliant than ever!

It has proper walk advice and info on campsites so I am pouring over it with great fascination!

Just had a text from a friend checking I am still up for a walk between Hastings to Brighton - I have just checked the map and think I am going to have to really focus on how to make this practical - using cycle path advice it looks like it is nearer 60 miles than the 40 I thought it would be - GULP! Still it is good practice and all that Ha Ha Ha!
Must get the OS maps out and try my map reading and planning! The good thing about that is that it goes along Beachy Head and Seven Sisters!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the weather is kind to you Jan! Sounds like a lovely walk. My husband was a keen walker, but I can barely get to the end of the path :( He has gotten lost in a wide variety of places in England and Wales lol, no sense of direction.

    ReplyDelete