Sunday 13 March 2011

Postcard 2 Tiverton - Interview, Walk and home we go!

After a restless night in the barn I get up to sunshine and a hot shower. The barn is completely empty of people. The bunks are made of trees complete with bark and the floorboards are bare and enviously rustic! The kitchen has a lovely log burner and I am going to go back when it is a rainy, thundry day just to burn logs and drink coffee whilst looking out of the barn door! I pad aboout in basic tshirt and leggings apart from when I leave my ironed trousers in the living area - I just dont do organisation.

Eventually I set off having taken photos of an amazing vista- Amazing is the only adjective I can think of and is now my officially over used word!

I get into Tiverton without crashing from seeing beautiful views across the valleys. I have breakfast and then go for the interview - no time for nerves I want to go exploring!

First the town - lots of shops and supermarkets but I want to walk! A very helpful travel information centre lady suggests a 3 mile walk along the Great Western Canal. Very beautiful - lots of trees coming into bud, snowdrops, daffodils and crocus in full bloom - but no water! Its a canal - where is the water?

After much dog walkers chat and picture taking of the flowers and plants I suddenly realise this IS the first day of an awesome adventure and there are hills everywhere around!!

Now whilst this is not exactly the SWCP it is a good taster for it and I am STARVING! I cant stop grinning and as I head back along the proper canal which was up the road and to the right!

I can only feel excited and at the same time in awe of my need to PLAN and prepare for this. Hey I even need to learn to map read - the sea on the right is not going to suffice!! BRING IT ON!

The journey home was uneventful but it gave me time to think and consider just what I am letting myself in for. GULP

No comments:

Post a Comment