Sunday 13 March 2011

the who what and why!

Last year for my 50th birthday I had a list of things to do- including walk 50 miles by my birthday so last Easter I started to walk the 50 miles from Faversham to Folkestone! This was part of the Saxon Shore walk and I thoroughly enjoyed it - so much so that I ended up doing the rest of the Saxon Shore walk - 160 miles.
Granted the last 4 miles was in fog on the 30th December but I know the sea was there 'cos I could hear and smell it!

Any hoo in my enthusiasm for walking the Saxon Shore I discovered that there are other walks that go round the British Coastline! The biggest being the South West Coast Path and it fascinated me both by its length, its variety of terrains and 'COS ITS THERE'!
This April I am decamping to Devon and thanks to getting a job with sympathetic shifts I intend to walk the whole length by hopefully the end of August!
Before anyone thinks that hey that is a long time and of course you should be able to do it I have a number of obsticles that will get in my way but my blind faith will see me through! I hope!
I am very overweight, I walk slowly, I am lousy at reading directions and useless at understanding maps! On the good side the SWCP is near the sea and I wont go far wrong if I bear in mind that the sea stays on the right!
Added to that I need to interrrupt my travels with work and I have not yet got my kit together and it is only 3 weeks away!! AAAgh!
Oh and I refuse to do it for charity as this is for me - it is ALL about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment