Thursday 9 June 2011

postcard 12 Barnstaple - Instow- Bideford - Appledore

Barnstaple - Bideford What can I say? Tarmac virtually the whole way - painfully boring! The only let up was at East Yelland Marsh where the path went round the marsh and I saw a Lizard - I was so surprised I didnt get a chance to take a photo!
It was very demoralising and I ws losing the will!! Anyway the marsh eventually led on to sand and Hiro really enjoyed the sands of Instow oh and the ice cream! Then it was back on the Tarka Trail again all the way to Bideford up to the Long Bridge by now my feet were really hurting and I didnt want to play!
Bideford to Appledore was far nicer and more interesting winding my way allong the shore and even a few little hills and to be honest if I had parked at Westward Ho! I would have walked it happily as the weather was good and the walking was pleasant!
I then had to book into a campsite and as I arrived there was Amber + owner and other couple! I am sure they think I am following them - Im not it is the only campsite in the area! Still it is a nice site with good showers that dont act like swimming pool showers going off after a few seconds and hot! woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment