Thursday 9 June 2011

Postcard 13 Westward Ho - Clovelly

Woken this morning by Ambers owner inviting Hiro and I to join their party for the next 2 days. 45 mins to get ready - I have never moved so fast and Hiro is quite shocked at the momentum!
I was soon to discover that they walk quite a bit faster than me with less stops so this is really going to push my limits!
The route is challenging and although only 11 miles there are lots of hills and steps. Ambers owner (Spencer ) is off like a rocket and leads the way the whole time. Christine is fab and although she is quick I dont feel stressed by trying to keep up with her! Her husband Graham is a sweetie and generously cajoles me to climb the next hill without dying in the process! I am in return feeling incredibly hot and stripping layer after layer much to the amusement of the whole group! Equally I am trying to keep up but at one point I just have to stop and draw breath and have lunch way before they planned! Mental memo to self eat a proper breakfast tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment