Thursday 9 June 2011

Postcard 9 - moving day Sunday

I woke early and started to make a move - there was only one speed - slowly! I found that I had bitten by some very vicious midges or earwigs they had both been flapping round so I blame them both. Anyway Hiro REFUSED to get out of bed so I wrote postcards, drank coffee etc then realised that time had flown by and it was nearly 10am - kick out time! Quickly we got sorted out and packed then went to start the car- Aaagh the car had no power. Luckily the campsite maintenance bod had jump leads and away we went! We were on our way to Lobb Fields! approximately 5 miles from Barnstaple. We booked in and was given a site at the far end of the 2 fields near a run around spot for the dog. We pitched tent but it still felt a little on a hill and I was conscious that pitching had to be right as I envisaged rolling out of the tent in the night! We we got a new battery then went a walk around Barnstaple and I managed to do a little shopping whilst Hiro got loads of attention! As it was Sunday we even got a couple of bargain pasties and I have to say they tasted fab! On our way back to the car we passed a pub that had live music so we spent a very pleasant hour in there listening to music and enjoying some liquid refreshment - just wish I hadn't been driving!
Once back at the tent Hiro and I moved the tent round as it looked a little less sloped anyone watching must have thought that we were mad rolling about our pitch to find the least sloped or bumpy!
The site is very pleasant and it was ideally placed for our plans for the next few days. It even had a takeaway on site for breakfast and tea!! I was to find the sausage sandwiches very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment